Saint George Hospital is dedicated to providing the highest quality healthcare services and programs to the people of Beirut, Lebanon and the region; regardless of religion, sect, nationality, socioeconomic status and race.
The American Foundation for Saint George Hospital is a non-profit, tax-exempt humanitarian and charitable organization incorporated under the District of Columbia Non-Profit Corporation Act. We are a 501(c) (3) organization under the United States Internal Revenue Code. As a non-political organization, we do not discriminate on the basis of religion, race or gender. The Foundation is headquartered in the Washington D.C. area.
Our mission is to unite those who are committed to supporting Saint George Hospital, as well as to fund education, research and post-graduate training for the its physicians and health care professionals. The Foundation is committed to building and equipping Saint George Hospital, providing additional hospital services, and helping to create new medical programs.
We passionately believe that there is nothing more precious than life, and hope you will join us in our commitment to improve and protect the lives of so many.
The idea to form a foundation to support Saint George Hospital was born in 1998 during a meeting in Washington, DC between Mr. Salam Rayes, CEO of Saint George Hospital and Dr. Amin Barakat. The American Foundation for Saint George Hospital was launched at the Embassy of Lebanon in Washington, D.C. on October 19, 2000. Founding members were Dr. Amin Barakat, Dr. Stephen Brown, Brenda Farha, Ben Lamberton, and Dr. Imad Mufarrij.
The Foundation's main objectives are to:
- Deliver affordable health care to the needy in Lebanon and the region
- Provide state-of-the-art health services to the people of Lebanon and the region
- Improve facilities and equipment at Saint George Hospital
- Create opportunities for Lebanese physicians, nurses and other health care professionals to enhance their knowledge and skills through exchange programs and continuing education
- Promote medical research in Lebanon
- Offer quality education in the field of health sciences in Lebanon
The Foundation is engaged in fundraising for Saint George Hospital through:
- Fundraising dinners
- Direct mail to Americans and Lebanese-Americans To read last letter of appeal
- Gift Planning
- Community activities
- Personal contacts
- Promoting the Foundation at national conventions
- Grant proposals from individuals, governmental organizations, non-profit organizations and corporations